Thursday, June 24, 2010

Honey Lavender Body Butter


I have been working on some projects. Busy as a bee, so to speak. I have made a fresh batch of Lavender Honey Shea Butter, which also has Mango and Cocoa Butter in them. This is a whipped body butter, there are no preservatives in it. It is a butter made with natural products. If you have really dry skin it is wonderful. My daughter has been using it on her scrapes and bruises from soccer games....she is a very aggressive soccer player and often collides with people, let alone the ball. The 3 main ingredients are Shea Butter, Mango Butter and Cocoa Butter.

This is the information that I found from either the distributor of the products that I use, or from herbal books, magazines and of course the internet. No claims are being made that my products will heal, or prevent anyone from getting anything listed below.

My products are not tested on animals. They are tested first on myself and of course the husband, I think he likes the extra attention:-). Then the kids, my daughter loves this job. And of course many nurses and Dr.s are trying them too.

About Shea Butter: It has been used for years as a base for medicine type ointment and it is said that it has ant-inflammatory properties. Shea butter has been used to treat the following skin conditions: scars, eczema, burns, rashes, stretchmarks, wrinkles, dry cracked skin, dark spots, skin discoloration, chapped lips, and may even help with psoriasis. Shea butter may also help by blocking the sun. Shea butter has a natural ability to help block the sun. No claims may be made because the sun blocking ability varies much from an SPF of 6 to nothing.

About Mango Butter: Anti-aging: It is used in the tropics to help block UV rays, minor wound healing, used to restore flexibility and reduce degereration of skin cells. This is a list of what I found about mango butter: extremely dry skin, rashes, wrinkles, blemishes, sunburn, shaving rash. I found many places where it said that it helped to reduce wrinkles(I love this).


About Cocoa Butter: Great for extremely dry skin. The moisturizing abilities of cocoa butter are used for prevention of stretch marks in pregnant women, used for dry skin and lips, and as a daily moisturizer to prevent dry, itchy skin. Helps diminishing burn marks and making scars less visible. It also contains natural anti-oxidants.

These are the main ingredients that I put into my body butters and as you can see all the properties of these oils listed above, is why I have chosen them. I use high grade, organic if I can afford it. I am posting some pics of the body butter that I have just made. It is a whipped butter and is very light and fluffy. A little it goes a long way. I have packaged it in 2 fluid oz containers and I am selling it for $10.00. Pic shows body butter without label.

Coconut oil and of course honey and lavender are also used, with a little vitamin E.


No comments:

Post a Comment