Sunday, June 27, 2010

Yesterday's Project



I have a lovely flower bed in front of the house...well it use to be lovely. Between the construction workers and the dogs it has been 75% demolished. This is the bed where I keep my most treasured flowers, callas. I think that they are the most elegant of flowers. But, no, honeybees are not fans of this flower. I know my husband brings this point up often. I have many others which are. Back to the flower bed. We opened up our front porch and now the dogs like to run through the flower bed and yes pommel the flowers, and leap onto the porch. So to discourage this behavior (yelling at them has not worked,LOL) I bought some planters to make a sort of fence on the font porch to discourage this behavior. I think it is high enough to keep the dogs out of the flowers. This is the first day, I replanted flowers yesterday in the bed and here are some pics of my flower pot fence. By the way for all you potters out there, I tried something new. I hate it when the pots are full of dirt and too heavy to pick up. So, I filled the pots with empty milk jugs, water bottles, pop bottles or whatever old plastic I could find. The pots you see in the picture are 3/4 full with plastic jugs. My planters are so much lighter and it makes a nice little drain area for the water. We will see how well it works. If anyone has tried this before please let me know what your experience was.

No comments:

Post a Comment